Brookstone Estates ~ Vandalia
Brookstone Estates ~ Vandalia
1607 West Fillmore
Vandalia, IL 62471
Brookstone Estates was founded in 1996 because congregate care was hard to find in rural Southern Illinois. The creation of the first Brookstone community and subsequent quest for additional high quality senior care spawned a comfortable yet manageable 46-unit design that has been replicated among all the new Brookstone complexes now scattered around the state.
Today, Good Neighbor Care carries on the Brookstone tradition, providing a senior care program that supports individual freedom and promotes the dignity of each resident. Brookstone communities are all nestled in small Illinois towns of 10,000 to 20,000 residents where families can feel satisfied their loved ones are receiving high quality care in a stress-free environment.
All Brookstone Estates independent living communities are modern, attractive and impeccably maintained, offering gracious ambience while meeting the unique needs of each individual resident. The facilities offer a full range of services and amenities for a single, all-inclusive, yet affordable price. Meals, housekeeping, laundry, a personal response system, 24-hour staffing and other services are all part of the package.
Individual apartments at Brookstone communities offer not only comfort, convenience and the opportunity for friendly sociability but also the assurance of privacy. Residents all receive keys to their new home making privacy and security simply a matter of closing the front door. Residents may also bring personal furnishings to maintain the utmost level of familiarity and comfort.
Supportive Living Facility (SLF) Status
Brookstone's Tuscola community is one of seven Brookstone facilities that have been designated to participate in the Illinois Supportive Living Facility (SLF) program, which is the stateâ€™s Medicaid waiver program. The SLF designation allows residents eligible for nursing home care to take advantage of their Medicaid benefits even though they donâ€™t need or want skilled nursing services. The SLF program pays 60 percent of the stateâ€™s nursing rates â€” so close to the private-pay rates at Brookstone that the program is almost like an insurance policy for occupancy. Brookstoneâ€™s SLF-designated facilities offer an added bonus to Medicaid recipients who are anxious to use the benefits they have coming under state provisions.
Brookstone Estates Inclusive Services:
* Full-size apartments
* Three meals a day in the central dining room
* Expanded cable television
* All utilities paid except telephone
* Staff available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
* Weekly personal laundry and linen service
* Weekly housekeeping service
* Personal Response System
* Complete maintenance with snow removal and lawn care
* Free scheduled local transportation
* Private dining room for entertaining friends and family
* Independence and security
* Social and recreational programs
* Large, roomy bathrooms with safety bars in each apartment
* Walk-in closets
* Beauty and barber shop
* Unrestricted use of all common areas
* Convenient parking
* Individual heating and cooling units
* Secured building with state-of-the-art fire and sprinkler system
* Professional and knowledgeable management
Â© 2008 - Good Neighbor Care Centers, LLC