North Adams Home Inc
North Adams Home Inc
2259 E 1100th Street,
Mendon, IL 62351
"Illuminated by Love" is our motto and has been from the very beginning of the Home. The seal depicts an extended helping hand, holding a light in the darkness. This light is the North Adams Home -a light set against the darkness, which for some is despair, and for others might be the twilight years of life without a sense of purpose. The North Adams Home thus offers hope and a purpose for life, and becomes a light illuminated by love.
Our professional staff provides loving care for the whole individual...physically, mentally, socially and spiritually. It is our firm belief that the majority of ailing senior citizens can be rehabilitated through programmed motivation and stimulation, to have and to hold God-given rights to enjoy the beauty of life, and an opportunity to live life to its fullest. Programs are developed for each resident. We encourage social interaction - the greatest combatant to loneliness and depression. Community involvement in the home is strongly promoted. Frequent visits by family and friends help residents feel that they are a part of the mainstream of life's activities.
North Adams Home is a truly unique, not-for-profit facility providing care for those in need of a loving home environment. Regulated by the State of Illinois, it is a community owned and supported facility. Known to be one of the finest skilled nursing homes, North Adams offers the best of physical and social care to its more than 100 residents. Since opening in 1977, North Adams has continued to provide excellent care for all.
Dietary Department - All meals are home-cooked buffet style serving in dining rooms with home-like atmosphere
* Specific dietary needs carefully planned and monitored
* Residents and guests are served meals upon request
* Special treats and desserts often available
* Assistance with feeding by trained staff
Laundry, Housekeeping, Maintenance
* Personal laundry and repair services available to all
* Semi-private and private rooms have adjoining baths with Emergency call systems
* Fire, Heat, and Smoke systems are in all areas of the home
* Security buzzer system at each exit
* Wide handrails in the hallways
* Auxiliary generator provides additional safety in emergency
Our fleet of vehicles handicap accessible takes us everywhere in comfort.
Activity and Counseling Services
* An ongoing activity program is provided for the health and pleasure of residents
* Music in the Chapel
* Personal one to one activities are offered for those not interested in group activities
* Resident council takes an active role in informing our professional staff of resident's needs
* Barber and Beauty shop on premises
* Transportation provided with home's well-maintained, handicapped-equipped fleet of vehicles
* Telephone and cable service available upon request to each resident in their own room. Services are maintained and payable by resident to Adams Co-op in Golden, Illinois
* Professional and religious counseling provided
* Spiritual enrichment is a daily practice for many of our residents.
* A beautiful and spacious Chapel is open to all, and regular visits by clergy offer services to all who wish to attend.
* Prayers, music and songs fill the Chapel with that
certain warmth that gives North Adams Home our motto...
"Illuminated by Love."
* Respite Care provides a practical and economical service for families
A Healthcare Campus that reaches out to the community